Free Hunting Magazine

Saturday, May 5, 2012

FUN COMBINATION TRIP TO ALASKA

In September 2000 I flew to  Anchorage Alaska.  Then on to the Cinder River Lodge on the Alaskan Peninsula for an Alaskan Moose hunt.  It was a 10 day hunt that would include fishing for Arctic Char, Silver Salmon and if there was time shoot a few Ptarmigan.

On the third day I harvested a beautiful 72" bull moose in very thick alders.  The shot was only 50 yards, but it was in very thick cover.  It was a one shot kill with my 340 Weatherby Magnum using 250 grain Nosler Partition Ammunition.  If interested in complete inventory of Ammunition and shooting accessories then CLICK HERE.

The next 3 days were spent catching Arctic Char up to 10 pounds and Salmon that reached 15 pounds. Then in the afternoon we were able to get a few ptarmigan. We then flew to Wildman Lodge, which was further down the peninsula catching Silver Salmon that went to 20 pounds.  If you are interested in reading more on exciting trips that I have taken GO HERE and drop me a line.

Of my six trips to Alaska this is the one that was the most fun.  GO HERE to see some detailed trips that I have taken over the years. 

No comments:

Post a Comment